Saturday, September 19, 2009

NOCTURNAL AND THE NIGHT


I listen as the country music play,

And the coyote dance in misty July rain...

Fifty after midnight - the morning for the crickets' play...

Through the windows i stared,

But a clear vision austered,

Looking into the hollowed sockets of night's eye balls -

Then in its loneliness, it howls,

Letting out its pain and grievance into dead worlds...

At this moment, our curse...

All men dead in beautifully made beds -

Like vampires, but prey at day...

Suddenly it grows cold and sulky;

Evil at its best and bulky!

Serve day love and give me pain!

The heart of love so humbly slain...

In elfing state, but wont remain...

On Ellis Island, it, for success bargain...

Begin an El NiƱo from your departure,

In these cold currents, like elm leaves, its pain falls...

It met me, like I her...

Now hope resides in chilly air...

Me for it, and she for me; an elixir...

2 comments: