Friday, March 19, 2010

BLACK MARY SLESSOR

I am the black calabar land,

Ruled by a single hand-

My emotions...

I am torn apart by the presence of my heart and mind;

My abominable children,

Cursed by my gods so they bring me a bad omen...

They bore the cause of my suffering:

Confused thoughts and a broken heart they were offering.

I am the black Calabar land,

Sinking my progress in my own blood...

Killing myself with my own sword...

Lost beyond sheds of stereotype thoughts.

She came, spoke,

And she brought me hope...

Brought me vision from a different scope...

In a soft tone her words rose...

I embraced her 'God';

Companionship and love abound.

My black Mary Slessor...

Saved my Calabar land,

My children, and pulled me out from my very blood.

Her religion, i'm glad i've got...

No comments:

Post a Comment