Sunday, June 28, 2009

TWENTY TWO DAYS IN JULY

Twenty-two days in July
Eighty-seven years in the twentieth century
Feet of innocence,
Press gently on clean white cloth
Marking the beginning of our meetings
I have met you nineteen times
Our twentieth yet to come
I have met nineteen lives
My twentieth yet to arrive
The famous loud music; ribbons of different colours
The knife running through the belly of a colourful thing
Never have these been a part
On nineteen occasions,
Never have they…
A normal routine;
Walking about through the hot sun rays,
Buying from the road vendors
Hopes reside on shore
Nothing extra ordinary I expect in the twentieth life…
I see me flanked in gold cloth
Building with diamonds
I have met you nineteen times
Wish the twentieth change the rhymes.

No comments:

Post a Comment